Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Morning on the Lake

It was a beautiful morning watching the sun rise over the lake.  The new boat is so much more comfortable than before, plus Heron is able to cover so much more area.   Today was my first "official"' day of the season out with Him and I was put in charge of the GPS, navigating the way from spot to spot. 

When it was time to make our way back to the boat ramp, He asked which direction.  My instincts pointed the way but he didn't believe me.  After heading the wrong way a couple of times, I showed Him the GPS to prove my point. 

Heron: (looking at the GPS)

lg:  I tried to tell you several times this is the right way.

Heron: Are you absolutely sure?

lg: I ask with all due respect, but who's the directionally challenged person in the family?

Heron: (now heading in the right direction, recognizes a boat dock we passed earlier) Ok...OK...you are right.

lg:  (looking at him smiling)

Heron:  Alright...now you are getting a paddling!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know that dominant's knew that phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not It's often that I prove him wrong but he usually is very good about giving me credit.

      Delete
  2. haha....love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it:) Hope everything is going well with you!

      Delete