Monday, November 25, 2013

Spicy or Regular

And I am not referring to sex...even though I'm pretty sure most of us would choose spicy for sure!

I am talking about pulling up at the Chick-fil-A drive thru the other day and Master says...

Your only choice is spicy or regular.

Well damn...I was actually going to get a salad.  

I simply answer spicy and He places my order for the spicy chicken deluxe combo.  






Food is not something that Master has exercised too much control over.  I have a pretty good grasp of what to eat, what not to eat, and exactly how much.  Sadly though, my relationship with food stems from years of eating disorders.  While sitting in that drive thru line, accepting that He was ordering for me, I reflected on my past and how it came to be that I was lucky enough to recover and how comforting it was, and still is, to give Him the control of something that had controlled me for a very long time.  

Poor self-image and control issues left me battling anorexia and bulimia throughout my teenage years.  When I hit my rock bottom, I was only 85 pounds and very sick.  I began the slow climb towards recovery, only because I knew that if I didn't, it would kill me.  Not long after my recovery, at 19 years old, I met the man I would eventually marry and who is now my Master.  

In the beginning, we were just like any normal boyfriend/girlfriend, learning everything there was to know about each other.  I remember sitting in His car one day and I confessed to my very personal battle with food and eating disorders. 

He sympathized and understood my struggle, but also informed me in no uncertain terms that if He ever suspected a relapse, He would take my ass straight to the hospital.  Since that time, I've always wanted to maintain a healthy weight but never again had any thoughts of turning down that path of self-destruction. Looking back, I think that was probably my first act of submission to Him.  

But twenty years later, my eating habits still tend to drive Him a bit nuts.  When we go out, He usually rolls His eyes and scoffs when I order because it's usually a salad or something on the lighter fare.  It's not that I diet or deny myself any particular food but I am very focused on portion control and shy away from eating junk or fast food.  More often than not, even if I do have a craving for something particularly bad, I will talk myself into the healthier option by the time I place my order.  


So, besides the fact that I think it was just hot and sexy when He ordered for me, I found a certain freedom in not making that decision. I didn't feel responsible for making the "right" food choice.  I ate what He chose for me simply because it's what He wanted and I didn't feel the slightest bit guilty or think oh I shouldn't have

























 

        

6 comments:

  1. i've had that thought once or twice when Master has made decisions for me. There is a freedom in it. And a relief. No worrying about making the wrong decision.

    Man, now i want a spicy chicken sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any time My Love orders for me too. I have some mild eatting issues that pop up usually after having a child...but I feel protected, cared for, his focus, when he orders for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I feel protected, cared for, his focus"

      That's a great way to put it!!

      Delete
  3. Wow LG. Your timing on this post couldn't have been better for me. I have recently discovered some signs that my 14 yo daughter might have an eating disorder. I would love to pick your brain on this subject.

    I'm so glad to hear that you have overcome this issue and your master helps you stay healthy.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear that about your daughter. I would love to help in any way that I can. If my experience can help someone else, I will consider it a blessing. Believe it or not, just the fact that you have recognized that there may be a problem is a huge step in the right direction for her. Please feel free me to send me a personal email. submissivelittlegirl73@gmail.com

      Delete