Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cheers to Girl Dates

As she opened the door and smiled, I couldn't help but notice her long brown hair as it draped over one shoulder, reaching all the way down to her waist.  And the long dress she was wearing, clung to her gorgeous figure, undoubtedly with nothing else underneath.  How quickly I felt the strain of what every man must go through when taking in the sight of such an attractive woman. 

She invited me in and I followed her to the kitchen, setting down the bag of goodies I brought to make our cocktails for the evening.  After a few minutes of chatting, we decided to break into the take-out she had picked up.  While she got the plates, I made our drinks and then we sat down at the table.  Raising her glass in the air, I touched mine to hers and she made a toast, "Cheers to girl dates!". 

It's obvious she is very passionate about her health and nutrition and wasn't quite sure if I would enjoy her food choices.  She already has me trying all sorts of new things and I love it!  And everything was amazing...the food, the atmosphere, the conversation.  It all just felt relaxed and natural.

We continued talking long after dinner, because it seems we never run out of things to talk about. And eventually, she suggested that we take our drinks and enjoy the hot tub.

The first thing that popped out of my mouth was "Well, I didn't bring a bathing suit...all I've got is my birthday suit".  She giggled and said that was all she intended to wear anyways.

Taking a couple deep breaths, I thought to myself...you can do this...you really want to do this!

I put my hair up, still gathering my thoughts and courage as she slipped out of her dress, and I couldn't help but watch as she walked towards to the door.  She sweetly offered not to look if it would make me more comfortable.  But at that point, I didn't really mind.  I hurried to get my clothes off and join her.

___________________________________________________________________ 

We have talked about a name for her here in my blog, something that was meaningful and representative of this stage of our journey.  One of her ideas was chrysalis, as this part of nature represents change and transformation.  I thought that was a beautiful way to honor her, Chrysalis. 

8 comments:

  1. I love it. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I love it"...those were also her exact words when she read it!

      Thank you my friend xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Breathing taking beautiful. I imagine her as an exotic beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I have painted the right picture:) Thank you so much HS!!

      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Still cliff hanging us I see. 😒. Can't wait for more. Still painting beautiful pictures in the minds eye I see too. 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe..sorry about more cliff hangers:) It's just a lot to put into one post. And thank you...this has been quite a wonderful picture to paint!

      Delete
  4. Just recently found your blog, and I am catching up as fast as time allows. Enjoying it very much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there persistant_insanity! I'm so happy that you found your way here to my blog and are enjoying it so far. You actually started reading at a really good time...lots of fun things and interesting changes going on in my life right now:)

      Please feel free to comment or send me questions anytime. Thanks for taking the time to reach out. Have a great weekend!

      Delete